XML Training Overview|
This seminar will introduce XML and explain its implications to management. You will:
- Learn what XML is
- Understand the potential impact of XML
- Learn how XML can benefit your enterprise
- Be presented with strategies to integrate it into your IT infrastructure
- Hear about current specific industry standard XML efforts
- Hear recent case studies of XML implementations
XML is a universal data format that is both flexible and extensible. In the short time since its introduction it has received widespread support from companies both inside and outside of the computer industry. Corporations nowadays generate daily a staggering amount of data that have to be transformed, analyzed and exchanged both internally or externally. The adoption of XML promises to bring increased efficiency and flexibility to these processes which should translate into substantial cost savings to the corporation.
XML Training Prerequisites
General familiarity with Information Technology
XML Training Course duration
XML Training Course outline
- What is XML and how it will impact your company
- Exchanging data over the Internet, Intranet and Extranet
- XML and EDI
- XML and E-Commerce
- XML and databases
- Some company success stories
- Training issues: how hard is it to train my employees?
- Costs associated with introducing XML to your company
- Introducing XML to the enterprise
- Browser support for XML
- Planning XML introduction to IT
- XML in document authoring
- Some XML applications
- Industry standard XML efforts
- Hardware Requirements
- This course is presentation only. It requires a single instructor PC connected to a projection device.
- A connection to the Internet is desirable (but not required) to show students various XML-related sites.
- Software Requirements
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 (to demonstrate the display of XML documents)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader