Oracle Training Overview
This Oracle 11g training textbook will provide the student a step-by-step guide for configuring and using the Oracle Grid Infrastructure in a single server environment, and it forms the basis for expanding this infrastructure to a clustered server configuration. Advanced database and storage administration tasks are considered, including Oracle Restart and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
Oracle Training Audience
This textbook can be used for advanced self-study, or for instructor-led training in both in-class or virtual-class environments. Textbooks can also be used for ongoing reference long after the course is completed.
The primary target audiences for this course are: Database administrators, Web server administrators, System administrators, Implementation specialists, Data center support engineers, Senior application designers and developers
Oracle Training Prerequisites
Many students taking this course have familiarity with system administration and administration of other non-Oracle databases, and this is helpful though not mandatory. Specific course prerequisites for this course are these titles:
Oracle Training Certification
- ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: SQL FUNDAMENTALS – COMPLETE LIBRARY
- ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: PL/SQL FUNDAMENTALS – COMPLETE LIBRARY
- ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: ADMINISTRATION I
This course covers a portion of the requirements to complete the certification test ORACLE DATABASE 11G: CERTIFIED MASTER EXAM (OCM).
Oracle Training Objectives
The objectives for this course are as follows:
This training course provides a step-by-step guide for configuring and using the Oracle Grid Infrastructure in a single server environment, and it forms the basis for expanding this infrastructure to a clustered server configuration. Advanced database and storage administration tasks are considered, including Oracle Restart and Automatic Storage Management (ASM). With this course you will learn about:
- Preparing a host system for the Grid Infrastructure and Oracle RDBMS installations and performing those installations.
- Preparing a host system for ASM storage management.
- Partitioning and configuration of storage devices for ASM storage on both Linux and MS Windows servers.
- Utilizing Oracle Restart for automatic sequencing and restarting of Oracle software components.
- Obtain an introduction to Oracle High-Availability Services including the Server Control and Clusterware Control utilities.
- Review the Oracle server stack architecture including operating system virtualization and storage subsystem virtualization layers.
- Using ASM for storage of some or all database files, thereby providing a database-centric and optimized storage and volume manager.
- Exploiting ASM storage from the Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA), Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) and the Enterprise Manager (EM) interface.
- Administration of an ASM instance and management of ASM disk groups.
- Implement advanced storage capabilities including Intelligent Data Placement, High-capacity disk drives and access control privileges.
- Manage storage systems using the ASM Configuration Assistant (ASMCA) and the ASM command-line interface (ASMCMD).
- Migrate a database from traditional file system storage to ASM storage.
- Monitoring performance and throughput of ASM devices.
Oracle Training Course outline
CONFIGURING THE SERVER FOR GRID INFRASTRUCTURE INSTALLATION
GRID INFRASTRUCTURE INSTALLATION
- WHAT IS THE GRID INFRASTRUCTURE?
- IDENTIFY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- MANAGING LINUX DEVICES
- MANAGING MS WINDOWS DEVICES
- CONFIGURE LINUX INSTALLATION
- START THE INSTALLATION
- THE INSTALLATION DIALOG
- VERIFY THE INSTALLATION
- SUBSEQUENT DATABASE INSTALLATION
- POST-INSTALLATION CONFIGURATION
ASM CONCEPTS & ARCHITECTURE
- WHAT IS ORACLE RESTART?
- COMPONENT STATUS USING SRVCTL
- CONFIGURATION USING SRVCTL
- STARTUP/SHUTDOWN USING SRVCTL
- MANAGING THE ORACLE RESTART FACILITY
USING ASM STORAGE
- ASM & THE ORACLE STACK
- ASM & THE DATABASE ARCHITECTURE
ASM INSTANCE ADMINISTRATION
- FILE STORAGE WITHIN ASM
ASM STORAGE ADMINISTRATION
- ADMINISTERING THE ASM INSTANCE
- SYSASM Super Administrator
- Using V$ASM_CLIENT
- Viewing The Parameter Settings
- ASM-specific Parameters
- ASM INSTANCE ADMINISTRATION WITH EM
- CREATE & MANAGE DISK GROUPS
- COMPATIBLE.ASM & COMPATIBLE.RDBMS
- INTELLIGENT DATA PLACEMENT
- USING HIGH-CAPACITY DISKS
- DISK GROUP TEMPLATES
- MANAGING ASM STORAGE USING EM
- MANAGING STORAGE USING ASMCA
- MANAGING STORAGE USING ASMCMD