Oracle Training Overview
This Oracle 11g training textbook will present some of the most advanced features available to database developers. In addition to receiving the print copy of this course book, all students may receive e-Learning modules.
Oracle Training Audience
This textbook can be used for advanced self-study, or for instructor-led training in both in-class or virtual-class environments. Textbooks can also be used for ongoing reference long after the course is completed.
The primary target audience for this course is Oracle database administrators and application developers. Oracle web server and application server administrators, as well as others who must manage an embedded repository database using Oracle database technology will also find this information useful. This course is also recommended for technical consultants, support engineers, project managers and other technical management and support personnel.
Oracle Training Prerequisites
The mandatory prerequisite for this course is experience administering an Oracle database. Those who lack such experience would be better served by first completing the curriculum for database administrators comprising the following Sideris course modules:
Oracle Training Certification
- ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: ADMINISTRATION I
- ORACLE DATABASE 11G R2: ADMINISTRATION II
This course covers a portion of the requirements to complete the certification test ORACLE DATABASE 11G: CERTIFIED MASTER EXAM (OCM).
Oracle Training Objectives
The objectives for this course are as follows:
The purpose of this training course is to assist experienced Oracle database administrators and senior application developers to utilize the database features associated with change management to ensure proper application execution without disruption. Included among the subjects of this course are:
- Consider both the challenge and the necessity of changes to the systems infrastructure and how these can disrupt production applications.
- Review the goals of change management, change assurance and how these are implemented with Real Application Testing technology available with the Oracle 11g database.
- Learn how to perform the capture of a production database workload while not interfering with the applications or users involved.
- Learn how to replay the production workload on a test database configuration, providing a real-world test of how an actual application will function in an envisioned database configuration.
- Learn how to configure clients which will simulate the network interaction of real-world users in a test configuration.
- Perform a detailed analysis of application execution within proposed database configurations to assess whether the application performance will progress or regress as a result of the proposed change.
- Use the SQL Performance Analyzer tool to measure progression or regression of individual SQL statements under a proposed database configuration, providing a detailed level of change assurance before the change ever occurs.
Oracle Training Course outline
- UNDERSTANDING THE APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE
- SYSTEMS INFRASTRUCTURE CHANGES
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT LIFECYCLE
CONFIGURE THE REPLAY DATABASE
- PREPARING THE CAPTURE DATABASE
- WORKLOAD CAPTURE USING THE EM WIZARD
- WORKLOAD CAPTURE USING THE API
- REQUIREMENTS OF A REPLAY DATABASE
- RMAN DUPLICATE
- PREPROCESS CAPTURED WORKLOAD
- REPLAY PREREQUISITES
- REPLAY WORKLOAD
- MONITOR THE REPLAY OPERATION
SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER
- LAUNCH REPLAY ANALYSIS
- CONDUCT CONFIGURATION CHANGE ANALYSIS
- USE THE PL/SQL API
- ABOUT SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
- MANAGING SQL TUNING SETS
- SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYZER TASKS
- SQL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS