Oracle Training Overview|
This Oracle 10g courseware training guide book will consider the grammar, syntax and benefits of using the PL/SQL language within an Oracle database environment. The Oracle PL/SQL language provides for programming logic features not contained within SQL.
Oracle Training Prerequisites
Oracle Training Audience
- The course ORACLE DATABASE 10G: INTRODUCTION TO SQL – COMPLETE LIBRARY
Target audience for this course is all Oracle professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are:
Oracle Training Objectives
- Application designers and developers.
- Database administrators
The primary objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the PL/SQL database programming language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle10g Release 2 (R2) revision. Major subject areas to be explored are:
Oracle Training Certification
- Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
- Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
- Declaring program variables and complex data types.
- Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetching data from the database into program variables.
- Returning program output to users.
- Handling program exceptions.
- Using explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.
- How to take advantage of new features such as regular expression support and the handling of string literals within program code.
This course considers subjects included within the Oracle Certification Examination 1Z0-147 entitled "Program With PL/SQL". This examination is part of the following Oracle certification tracks:
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA)
- Oracle Forms Developer Certified Professional (OCP)
- UNDERSTANDING PL/SQL
- STRUCTURE OF A PL/SQL PROGRAM BLOCK
- PL/SQL FROM INTERACTIVE TOOLS
- GENERATING OUTPUT WITHIN SQL*PLUS
- ABOUT THE DECLARE CLAUSE
- DECLARE SIMPLE TYPES
- COMPLEX TYPES
- TYPE ... TABLE
- TYPE ... RECORD
- ABOUT THE BEGIN CLAUSE
- PERFORMING DATA MANIPULATION
- LOGIC CONTROL & BRANCHING
- ABOUT THE EXCEPTION CLAUSE
- ISOLATING THE SPECIFIC EXCEPTION
- PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT
- SQL%ROWCOUNT & SELECT...INTO
ADVANCED PROGRAMMING: NESTED BLOCKS
ADVANCED PROGRAMMING: DECLARED SUBPROGRAMS
- ABOUT EXPLICIT CURSORS
- ADVANCED CURSOR TECHNIQUES