Oracle Training Overview|
This Oracle 10g courseware training guide book will present some of the most advanced features available to database developers. Many of these features are either newly available with the Oracle10g release or have been substantially improved with that release
Oracle Training Prerequisites
The following courses are mandatory prerequisites:
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: INTRODUCTION TO SQL – COMPLETE LIBRARY
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: PROGRAM WITH PL/SQL – COMPLETE LIBRARY
ORACLE DATABASE 10G: SQL TUNING
Oracle Training Important Curriculum
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: ARCHITECTURE FOR DEVELOPERS
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: ADVANCED PL/SQL PROGRAMMING & TUNING
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: SQL TUNING should ideally be taken prior to this course but it is an acceptable alternative to complete that course after finishing this one.
- ORACLE DATABASE 10G: ARCHITECTURE FOR DEVELOPERS and ORACLE DATABASE 10G: ADVANCED PL/SQL PROGRAMMING & TUNING
One of the most substantial changes of interest to developers within the Oracle10g release is the matter of SQL tuning. The fundamental means by which this task is approached and accomplished has almost completely changed with the Oracle10g release. This is addressed separately in the one-week course entitled
ORACLE10G DATABASE: SQL TUNING. That course may be taken either before or after this course, but it should be considered as a mandatory complement to this course.
Oracle Training Objectives
Among the specific subjects presented in this course are:
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
ABOUT PARTITIONING & PARALLELIZATION
- A review of the grid-computing and manageability architecture available from the Oracle 10g release of the database and the application server.
- Database flashback technology, including flashback queries, flashback table, flashback versions query and flashback transaction query capabilities.
- Creating and using directory objects within the database.
- The Data Pump Export and Import utilities.
- A comprehensive look at all index types available when building an application schema, including B-tree internals, function-based, compressed, reverse key, linguistic, bitmap and bitmap join indexes.
- A comprehensive look at all table types available when building an application schema, including heap-organized tables, index clusters, hash clusters, index-organized tables, external tables, temporary tables and compressed tables.
- Advanced SQL hierarchal data processing capabilities available from the CONNECT BY PRIOR and related language structures.
- Enhanced SQL and transactional capabilities, including asynchronous commits, DML error trapping and use of regular expressions.
- Enhanced PL/SQL programming capabilities and compiler directives.
- A brief glimpse into the Enterprise Manager database interface which may be of occasional use to senior developers
CREATING PARTITIONED TABLES
- ABOUT THE ARCHITECTURE
- METHODS OF PARTITIONING
MANAGING TABLE PARTITIONS
- CREATE A RANGE PARTITIONED TABLE
- CREATE A HASH PARTITIONED TABLE
- CREATE A LIST PARTITIONED TABLE
- CREATE A RANGE-HASH PARTITIONED TABLE
- CREATE A RANGE-LIST PARTITIONED TABLE
- PARTITION SCENARIOS
CREATING & MANAGING PARTITIONED INDEXES
- USING SUBPARTITION TEMPLATES
- MANAGING TABLE PARTITIONS & SUBPARTITIONS
THE PARTITION-AWARE OPTIMIZER
- ABOUT PARTITIONED INDEXES
- CREATE LOCAL PARTITIONED INDEXES
- CREATE GLOBAL PARTITIONED INDEXES
- TABLE MAINTENANCE IMPACT ON INDEX PARTITIONS
- MANAGING INDEX PARTITIONS & SUBPARTITIONS
- EQUI-PARTITIONING OF TABLES
PARALLEL PROCESSING WITHIN THE ORACLE DATABASE
- SETUP FOR OPTIMIZATION MONITORING
- PARTITION-AWARE OPTIMIZATION
ENABLING & TUNING PARALLEL SQL EXECUTION
- HARDWARE CONFIGURATIONS
- ORACLE INSTANCE PARALLEL PROCESSING
- ABOUT DATABASE PARALLEL SQL EXECUTION
ADVANCED TUNING OF PARALLEL EXECUTION
- ENABLING PARALLEL EXECUTION
- CONTROLLING THE DEGREE OF PARALLELISM
- MANUALLY TUNING PARALLEL OPERATIONS
- About PARALLEL_THREADS_PER_CPU & The Default DOP
- PARALLEL PROCESSING OPTIMIZER HINTS
- EXPLAINING A PARALLEL EXECUTION PLAN