Oracle Training Overview|
This Oracle 11g courseware training guide book will provide an introduction to the PL/SQL database programming language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle database.
Syntax, structure and features of the language are discussed in the context of database applications and programming.
Oracle Training Course Objectives
Major subject areas to be explored are:
Oracle Training Audience
Target audience for this course is all Oracle professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are:
- Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
- Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
- Declaring program variables and complex data types.
- Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetching data from the database into program variables.
- Returning program output to users.
- Handling program exceptions.
- Using explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.
- How to take advantage of advanced features such as regular expression support and the handling of string literals within program code.
The course ORACLE DATABASE 11G: SQL FUNDAMENTALS – COMPLETE LIBRARY is a mandatory prerequisite for this course.
Oracle Training Next Course
The course ORACLE DATABASE 11G: PL/SQL FUNDAMENTALS II – DEVELOP PROGRAM UNITS
This course considers subjects useful for certification as an Oracle Certified Master (OCM), the most advanced and prestigious Oracle database certification level.
Oracle Training Course duration
- Application designers and developers
- Database administrators
- Business users and non-technical senior end users
Oracle Training Course outline
CHOOSING A SQL & PL/SQL INTERFACE
- USING SQL DEVELOPER
- USING SQL*PLUS
- USING APPLICATION EXPRESS
- USING JDEVELOPER STUDIO
- UNDERSTANDING PL/SQL
- STRUCTURE OF A PL/SQL PROGRAM BLOCK
- USING PL/SQL FROM SQL*PLUS
- ABOUT THE DECLARE CLAUSE
- DECLARE SIMPLE TYPES
- DECLARE COMPLEX TYPES
- TYPE ... TABLE
- TYPE ... RECORD
- ABOUT THE BEGIN CLAUSE
- PERFORMING DATA MANIPULATION
- LOGIC CONTROL & BRANCHING
- ABOUT THE EXCEPTION CLAUSE
- ISOLATING THE SPECIFIC EXCEPTION
- PRAGMA EXCEPTION_INIT
- SQL%ROWCOUNT & SELECT...INTO
ADVANCED PROGRAMMING: DECLARED SUBPROGRAMS
- ABOUT EXPLICIT CURSORS
- ADVANCED CURSOR TECHNIQUES