Oracle Training Overview|
Oracle Business Intelligence (BI), formerly known as Siebel Business Analytics, empowers business users with sophisticated data analytic capabilities without any knowledge of database structures or the SQL database language. This training course will guide students through all of the features available from the product to allow one to build sophisticated database requests and to format resulting answers
Oracle Training Course Objectives
The following topics are included in this training courseware guide book:
Oracle Training Audience
The target audience for this course is any business professional seeking to analyze enterprise-wide or departmental information collected into an organization data warehouse. Among those for whom this course might be particularly useful would be:
- Background discussion of relational databases, the SQL database language, data warehousing, business intelligence (BI) and data analytics presented in a form that business professionals can readily understand.
- Background concepts regarding logical data models, physical data models, star schema and snowflake schema warehouse models.
- Important data concepts including fact tables, dimensions, cubes, measures and other dimensional data model objects.
- An introduction to Oracle BI concepts, including the Oracle BI repository layers, Oracle BI Presentation Services, Oracle BI Presentation Catalog and basic navigation of the Oracle BI Answers and Dashboards interface.
- Use interactive Dashboards to analyze warehouse data, uncover trends and reach important business decisions.
- Design customized Dashboards to reflect an individual's role, perspective or business interest.
- Creating requests and viewing answers produced from Oracle BI.
- Formatting requests using sorts, filters and prompts.
- Formatting column output and modifying column data using formulas.
- Creating report results with compound layouts, including views such as tabular, chart, pivot table, gauge and others.
- Drill-down into report details, navigation and employing variables to create a dynamic and interactive analytics environment.
- Deploying report results for specific devices, such as mobile devices commonly in use like Apple iPhone, Blackberry or other popular devices.
- Advanced features such as presenting interactive maps as filter criteria, HTML customization of report output and other topics.
No specific prerequisite courses are required. A general working knowledge of desktop business software and the use of web-based services via a browser are the only mandatory technical prerequisites.
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
DATABASES & DATA MODELS
- Data architects
- Data warehouse administrators and analysts
- Business analysts
- Financial managers
- Market research professionals
- Human resource managers
- Procurement and vendor management professionals
- Field representatives
- Business development managers
DATA WAREHOUSING & BI
- ABOUT DATABASE TECHNOLOGIES
- LOGICAL DATA MODELS
- PHYSICAL DATA MODELS
INTRODUCTION TO ORACLE BI ANSWERS & DASHBOARDS
- TRANSACTIONAL DATABASES
- WAREHOUSE DATABASES
- WAREHOUSE MODELS & SCHEMAS
- ABOUT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
- OLAP, BI, DSS
USING A DASHBOARD
- ORACLE BI ARCHITECTURE
- LAUNCH BI PRESENTATION SERVICES
- LOG ON
- BASIC NAVIGATION
BUILDING A DASHBOARD
- UNDERSTANDING THE DASHBOARD INTERFACE
- VIEWING THE REQUEST RESULTS
- USING PROMPTS TO FILTER DATA
- SAVING & REUSING FILTER SETTINGS
- MANAGING THE VIEW OF THE DASHBOARD PAGE
- VIEWING SUPPLEMENTARY CONTENT
- MISCELLANEOUS TASKS
CREATING A REPORT
- CREATING A DASHBOARD
- UNDERSTANDING THE DASHBOARD STRUCTURE
- USING THE DASHBOARD EDITOR
- MANAGING SAVED CONTENT
- MANAGING DASHBOARD OBJECTS
- NAVIGATING THE ANSWERS INTERFACE
- CREATING A NEW REQUEST
- ADDING COLUMNS TO A REQUEST
- PREVIEWING THE ANSWERS
- CONTROLLING THE REPORT DEFINITION
- DOWNLOADING THE ANSWERS
- REPORT ATTRIBUTES
- SORTING DATA
- FILTERING DATA
- REUSING FILTERS
USING PRIMARY VIEWS
- COLUMN FORMATTING
- COLUMN FORMULAS
USING SECONDARY VIEWS
- ABOUT VIEWS
- CUSTOMIZING THE TABLE VIEW
- CHART VIEW
- GAUGE VIEW
- FILTERS VIEW
- MANAGING THE VIEWS
USING PIVOT TABLE VIEWS
- COLUMN SELECTOR VIEW
- VIEW SELECTOR VIEW
- TICKER VIEW
- LEGEND VIEW
- NARRATIVE VIEW
- NO RESULTS VIEW
- PIVOT TABLE CONCEPTS
- A PIVOTING SCENARIO
- DEFINING THE PIVOT VIEW
- SECTIONS & PAGES
- TOTALS WITHIN PIVOT TABLES
ADMINISTERING THE PRESENTATION CATALOG
- SET OPERATIONS
- PDF & PRINT CONTROL
- VIEW XML & SQL CALLS
DEPLOYING REQUESTS TO DASHBOARDS
- ACCESSING THE PRESENTATION CATALOG
- BI & PRESENTATION CATALOG SECURITY
- MANAGING PRESENTATION CATALOG OBJECTS
- VARIABLE REFERENCES
- USING DASHBOARD PROMPTS
- PREPARING OBJECTS FOR DASHBOARD DEPLOYMENT