It is not always a given that you will like the people that you work with, but it is important to understand the value of being civil to one another. In this course participants will identify different types of disruptive behavior and techniques and approaches to overcome conflict, bullying and rudeness. They will create and implement organizational communication strategies to redefine the organizational culture into one of trust and teamwork.
Management and HR Professionals
1. Understand the Problem
2. Benefit From Experience: Strategies to Prevent Uncivil Behavior
- What is uncivil behavior?
- Deal with difficult personalities
- Real-world application
- Who is a target?
- Overcome the “victim” mentality
- Recover and move forward
3. Make it Official
- Identify the warning signs
- Risk Assessment: how safe is your workplace?
- Create a change in perspective
- Effectively resolve conflict
- Check, balance, and reframe communication
- Develop a community of shared trust
- Successfully handle false alarms
- Discipline and discharge with confidence
- Stay within the law
- Limit company liability with policies and procedures