Datawarehousing Training Overview|
Multi-platform: DB2 UDB for z/OS & OS/390, DB2 UDB for
Linux/UNIX/Windows, Oracle and SQL Server.
After briefly reviewing DW and BI terms and concepts, the lecturer will
develop an understanding of how to use the statistics, analytic and
OLAP features in a BI environment.
The main features of this presentation are examples, intensive handson
exercises, best practices and performance considerations.
Datawarehousing Training Audience
Data warehouse and BI developers, data warehouse architects and
Datawarehousing Training Prerequisites
Completion of our ‘Data Warehousing Terms, Concepts &
Architecture’ (DWHTCA) course or equivalent knowledge.
Datawarehousing Training Course duration
Datawarehousing Training Objectives
Upon completion of this presentation, the participant should be able
to code efficient SQL queries to meet both single and
multidimensional business requirements.
Datawarehousing Training Course outline
1. SUMMARY – DATA WAREHOUSE (DW) TERMS & CONCEPTS
2. STATISTICS & ANALYTIC QUERY OPTIONS
- Rationale and beneficiaries
- DW architecture (including BI considerations)
- Data warehouse vs. data mart
- Normalization vs. denormalization
- Integrity constraints
- Schema types
- DW objects (logical vs. physical)
- Hardware considerations
- Partitioning and parallelism options
- Summary tables
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
3. ONLINE ANALYTICAL PROCESSING (OLAP) QUERY OPTIONS
4. COMMON BUSINESS SCENARIOS
- PARTITION BY
- ORDER BY
- GROUP BY
- Office supplies