Often misunderstood and poorly implemented, effective delegation can be a highly successful method to increase productivity and build capability among employees. This program will help managers and supervisors select the right person for delegation, implement a process for effective delegation, recognize and overcome barriers to successful delegation, and identify the most appropriate tasks for delegation.
1. Preparing Yourself to Delegate
2. Matching People and Opportunities
- Are You Ready to Delegate?
- What is Delegation Anyway?
- The Benefits of Delegation
- Barriers to Delegation
- The Difference Between Delegation and Dumping
- What Not to Delegate
- Symptoms of Poor Delegation
3. Managing the Delegation Process
Laying the Groundwork
- Targeting Areas of Delegation
- Matching Projects and People
- Selecting the Right Person for the Job
Elements of the Delegation Process
- Five Levels of Authority
- Implementing the Levels Successfully
- Problem Solving Model
- Following Through
- Troubleshooting Problems
- How to Survive a Major Mistake
- Learn from the Delegation Process
- Case Study