- What is a Use Case?
- What is a Use Case Diagram?
- What is a Use Case Form?
- A Short History of Use Cases.
Use Cases and the SDLC
- Benefits of a “Use Case Driven” software development process
- Use Case’s Role in…
- Project Management
- Business Modeling
- Requirements Gathering
- Requirement Analysis
- Analysis and Design
- Quality Assurance
- Identifying stakeholders
- Identifying candidate requirements.
- Prioritizing requirements for development.
- Identifying and documenting non-functional requirements.
- What is an Actor?
- Actor goals and use cases.
- Identifying use cases through actors.
- Primary and secondary actors
- Abstract Actors
- What are Stakeholders their relation to Actors?
Use Case Modeling
- Drawing Use Case UML diagrams
- Extend/Include Relationships
- Use-Case Packages
- Change Cases
Primary Use Cases
- Discovering use cases through actor goals.
- The “Sunny Day” or “Garden Path” scenario.
- Normal process flow
- Use case presentation styles.
- The importance of system scope.
Refining Use Cases
- Identifying secondary scenarios.
- Scenarios, alternate paths and extensions.
- Detailing the use case body.
- Handling exceptional behavior.
- Factoring out common portions of use cases.
- Documenting use case relationships – using “extends” and “includes”.
Elaborating Use Cases
- Identifying Pre and post conditions.
- Triggering events and outcomes.
- Business process interactions.
- Stakeholder requirements for the use case.
- Modeling business processes with activity diagrams
- Developing business use cases and integrating the business processes with the use case model.
Analysis and Design
- How are Use Cases used by Systems Architects and Developers
- Mapping Use Cases to Object Models
- Scenario Analysis
Use Case Participant Roles
- Facilitator, Recorder, Timekeeper, and Participants
- Responsibilities of each role
- Effective Guidelines for each role.