Professionals often struggle with the best way to deliver constructive feedback to their employees or coworkers. Likewise, it can be very difficult to receive feedback on one’s performance without becoming defensive. This course will teach students how to utilize feedback to make themselves and their employees more productive, minimize conflicts and misunderstandings, and gain confidence in their ability to recognize their employees' needs and to communicate solutions.
Leadership and Management Professionals
1. Giving feedback
2. Receiving feedback
- What is feedback?
- Why is feedback important?
- Assessing yourself
- Starting with the easy part
- Giving constructive feedback
- What’s the “TRIC”?
- Incorporating your body language into your message
- Handling recurring problems
- Giving feedback practice
- Providing written feedback
- Giving feedback: A personal action plan
- Receiving feedback
- Avoiding emotional interpretations
- Receiving feedback: A personal action plan
- Practicing receiving feedback