This course is designed for help desk personnel responsible for supporting Notes 8.5.1 Standard and Basic configurations users, whether they are connected via the network or modem.
The course starts with a technical discussion of how Notes and Domino work together. The course provides a very practical approach to fulfilling most user requests and solving many workstation problems, but at the same time helping you understand when to escalate problems to the Domino or Notes administrator or to a custom application developer.
Lotus Training Learning Objectives
In this course, you will learn how to:
Lotus Training Audience
This course is designed for help desk workers responsible for direct Notes user support. These people do not typically have Domino Administrator or administrative rights to the Domino Server but are responsible for installing, configuring, and supporting Notes users.
- install and configure Notes Standard and Basic configuration clients
- configure Notes for multiple and roaming users
- troubleshoot network connectivity, Domino Server access, and database access problems
- understand and troubleshoot Notes User ID problems
- configure Notes Mail and make it easier for users to correctly address messages
- troubleshoot mail transfer and delivery problems
- solve Mail database issues, including accidental database and message deletion, reducing file size to meet its quota, and redesigning the database
- create private views and folders
- solve and prevent document-related problems
- export data from a view and create a mail-merge output file and import data into a view to create documents
- create simple agents to automate Notes
- configure Windows and Notes to use a modem to connect to Domino and support mobile users who use Notes while disconnected from the network.
Before taking this course, it is recommended that you have met these prerequisites:
This course is part of a series of help desk staff training courses.
- are proficient using Lotus Notes 8.5.xand have mastered all of the Topics in the Lotus Notes 8.5.1 User Essentials and Lotus Notes 8.5.1 User Essentials PLUS Pack courses
- understand the principles and operation of personal computer networking using TCP/IP in LAN/WAN/Internet environments
- have installed and supported the operating system used in this course (Windows XP Professional), as well as applications used by those systems
- know how to configure network interface cards and modems.
Courses later in the series assume that you have mastered the content of earlier courses. Depending on your job responsibilities, you may need to follow this course with the Lotus Notes Administration course. That course is designed for administrators responsible for registering Notes users and developing Policies, and who have at least limited administrator rights to the Domino Directory.
Lotus Training Course duration
To cover all topics in this course, you will need at least 3 days.