Lotus Training Overview|
During this course you will learn how to use the core applications included in Lotus Notes, including Mail, Calendar, Contacts, To Do, and Notebook. This course teaches you how to perform the most common tasks in the Notes Standard configuration.
The application you will use the most is Mail, as it is a key personal and business application. You will learn how to use the Calendar to organize your time and track your tasks in the To Do application.
You will keep track of people in Contacts and keep information in your Notebook. As you use the core Notes applications, you will recognize a common pattern that builds your competence and confidence in using almost any Notes application such as a Discussion, which you will join at the end of the course.
Because Notes incorporates Sametime instant messaging, you will also know when people are online so you can chat in real time.
Beyond the technical aspects of using Notes, you will learn the “best practices” of how to use Notes to become a more effective communicator and collaborator.
Lotus Training Learning Objectives
In this course, you will learn how to:
Lotus Training Audience
- navigate in the Notes user interface (both the Basic and Standard editions of Notes are covered in this course)
- launch the core Notes applications from the Home Page and from bookmarks
- set user and Mail preferences to customize your working environment
- send and receive email messages that include formatted text, tables, images, Web links, and file attachments
- find and read new email messages
- take action on email messages, which may mean to mark for follow up later, respond to now, forward, copy into a new meeting or to do, or block the sender from sending future messages
- configure Out-of-Office notification to respond to email messages when you are away
- change the sort order of messages, use full text search to find message content, group messages by mail thread, and organize messages into folders
- add people and groups to your Contacts application
- use the Calendar application to schedule appointments and meetings
- keep track of your tasks in the To Do application
- use the Notebook application to save important information
- know when other people are online and communicate with instant messages
- participate in a shared Discussion on a Domino server.
This course is designed for new Lotus Notes users who can:
Lotus Training Course duration
- start and stop software applications in Microsoft Windows
- use Microsoft Windows Explorer to find and organize files
- create, format, and print documents using word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- use Microsoft Internet Explorer to browse Web pages and manage a list of favorite bookmarks.
This course is sold as a 1 day course, though there is an abundance of material that you probably won't have time to cover.
This course in no way teaches you everything about how to use Lotus Notes. We recommend our follow-up course Lotus Notes User Essentials PLUS Pack, from which you can learn more about particular aspects of Notes on an as-needed basis.