Lotus Training Overview|
During this course you will learn how to use Lotus Quickr to share all types of content with your colleagues down the hall or around the globe in blogs, wikis, discussions, file libraries, and shared calendars and tasks.
You will learn how to quickly create new Places and add content using a variety of Page styles. You will also learn how to install and use the Lotus Quickr Connectors so you can share files directly from Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office and Outlook, and Lotus Symphony, Notes, and Sametime.
Lotus Training Learning Objectives
In this course, you will learn how to:
Lotus Training Audience
- Log in to the Quickr Server and navigate to various types of Places, including a blog, wiki, and a Standard Place for Teams.
- Describe the Home Page features in a Standard Place for Teams Place.
- Use the Table of Contents and breadcrumbs to navigate between Folders.
- See what’s new in a Place in the last day or week.
- Use the QuickBrowse navigator to quickly page through new content or the results of a search.
- Use the More Actions button, item control, and name control to operate on items in the current window.
- Describe Quickr security mechanisms including the permissions given by the five Roles users can be assigned to.
- Use the New Page or Folder button to create any type of Page.
- Describe the purpose of a working draft as it relates to the check in/check out document control mechanism.
- Use the Check In with Options button to control how and where a Page is saved.
- Participate in a threaded discussion using Post and Response Page types, and control how items are displayed in the Folder.
- Create new Folders and move Pages to them using the Folder Navigator and the Move command.
- Use the shared Calendar and Tasks Folder to coordinate activities with other Place members.
- Create and secure a New Place and invite users to become members, create a new Folder from one of the Folder types, and create and secure a new Room in your Place.
- Describe the various ways you can customize a Place to better meet the needs of its members to share content.
- See how Sametime presence awareness and chat work within Quickr and how to start or schedule Sametime Online Meetings.
- Describe how email is integrated with Quickr to accomplish a variety of goals including Place invitation, new content newsletters, calendar invitations, and task assignments.
- Install and configure the Lotus Quickr Connectors and share files from popular desktop applications.
- Learn how to send links to files stored in Quickr rather than sending large attachments in emails.
This course assumes basic personal computer and software skills, and is designed for individuals who can:
Lotus Training Course duration
- start and stop software applications in Microsoft Windows
- perform basic Windows operations, such as to manage windows, cut and paste, drag/drop, etc.
- use Microsoft Windows Explorer to find and organize files
- use the Internet Explorer browser to open and navigate Web sites
- use any type of email client
- create, format, and print documents using Microsoft Office or Lotus Symphony.
This course is sold as a 1/2 day course.
This course combines concept presentations, demonstrations, and exercises to guide your learning. Though designed for instructor-lead classes, with the proper equipment and software individuals can also use this course for self-study.
Please consult the Set Up document for this course to make sure the correct environment is in place before starting the course.
Lotus Training Course outline
Topic 1: Get Started
How you use Quickr to share content
Log in to the Quickr web site
Topic 2: Standard Places for Teams
Exercise: Open the New Product Launch Place
New Product Launch Place features
Exercise: Determine your Role
Check In/Check Out document control
Exercise: Create a new Post in the Discussion Folder
Check In with Options button
Respond to a Post
Topic 3: Discussion Folder Features
Table of all entries/Details toggle
Sort by column title
Hide all responses/Show all responses toggle
Download file(s) from item
Select multiple items
Name link and name control
More Actions button
Show Folder/Hide Folder Navigator
Topic 4: New Page or Folder Button
Multiple Imported Pages
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Pages
Topic 5: Create New Place
Who can create a new Place
Exercise: Create new Place
Secure and customize your Place
Exercise: Add a member to your Place
New Page or Folder button for Managers and Owners
Create new Folder
Discussion Folder type
Change Folder Options
Exercise: Create new Discussion Folder
Simple List Folder type
Headline Folder type
Slide Show Folder type
Ordered List Folder type
New Inner Room
Exercise: Create new Inner Room
Groups in Places
Delete Inner Room
Customize your place
Topic 6: Notifications and Email
Exercise: Configure Daily Newsletter
Task assignment and completion
Send email to a Place
Topic 7: Lotus Quickr Connectors and the Files Area
User: Download and install Quickr Connectors
Add a Place
Windows Explorer connector
Microsoft Office connector
Microsoft Outlook connector
Lotus Notes 8 connector
Lotus Sametime connector
Lotus Symphony connector
The Files area
Quickr File Monitor menu commands