Lotus Training Overview|
Social networking tools provide a way for people to communicate and interact online. Lotus Quickr is a key element of IBM’s “Social Business” initiative that provides a new competitive advantage with an integrated set of social networking tools.
During this course you will learn how to use Lotus Quickr to share all types of content with your colleagues down the hall or around the globe using online libraries, blogs, wikis, discussions, and shared calendars and task lists.
You will learn how to create and secure new Places while serving as a Place Owner and Manager, add content using a variety of Item types as an Author, and serve as an Editor to validate and revise content.
You will also install and use the Quickr Connectors to share and work on files directly from other desktop applications.
Lotus Training Learning Objectives
In this course, you will learn how to:
Lotus Training Audience
- Log in to the Domino Server running the Quickr software.
- Open the three types of Places found on the Quickr Home Page.
- Describe the Home Page features in a Standard Place for Teams Place.
- Use the Table of Contents and breadcrumbs to navigate between Folders.
- See what’s new in a Place in the last day or week.
- Operate on Items open or selected in the current window.
- Apply multiple layers of Quickr security including the permissions given by the Roles users can be assigned to.
- Create various Item types.
- Describe the purpose of a working draft as it relates to the check in/check out reservation mechanism and versioning.
- Control how and where an Item is published.
- Participate in a threaded discussion using Post and Response Items, and control how Items are displayed Folders.
- Create new Folders and move Items to them.
- Use shared Calendar and Tasks to coordinate activities with other Place Members.
- Create and secure a New Place and invite users to become Members, create a new Folder from one of the Folder types, and create and secure a new Room in your Place.
- Describe the various ways you can customize a Place to better meet the needs of its Members to share content.
- Describe how email notification is integrated with Quickr to generate Place invitations, new content newsletters, calendar invitations, and task assignments.
- Install and configure the Lotus Quickr Connectors and share files from other desktop applications.
- Learn how to send links to files stored in Quickr rather than sending large attachments in emails.
- Create a custom form and apply a workflow process to approve content before it is published.
This course assumes basic personal computer and software skills, and is designed for individuals who can:
Lotus Training Course duration
- start and stop software applications in Microsoft Windows
- perform basic Windows operations, such as to manage windows, cut and paste, drag/drop, etc.
- use Microsoft Windows Explorer to find and organize files
- use the Internet Explorer browser to open and navigate Web sites
- use any type of email client
- create, format, and print documents using Microsoft Office or Lotus Symphony.
This course is sold as a 1 day course, though there is an abundance of material that you probably won't have time to cover.
This course combines concept presentations, demonstrations, and exercises to guide your learning. Though designed for instructor-lead classes, with the proper equipment and software individuals can also use this course for self-study.
Please consult the Set Up document for this course to make sure the correct environment is in place before starting the course.
Lotus Training Course outline
Topic 1: Get Started
Beyond conventional communication tools
Social networking and collaboration tools
Adding social networking tools to business systems
Collaborative features in Quickr
Who does what
Generic Product Lifecycle Management process
Exercise: When collaboration would be helpful
Log in to the Quickr Web site
Exercise: Log in to see My Places
My Places area
Quickr layout customization
Lotus Quickr Help and resources
Dates and time zones
Topic 2: Standard Place for Teams PlaceType
Exercise: Open the New Product Launch Place
Standard Place for Teams features
Table of Contents
Place name and breadcrumb navigator
More Actions button
Place Actions button
New Upload Item from Upload button
Read an Upload Item
Exercise: Create and read an Upload Item
Change an Upload Item
Download and comment icons
Sort by column
Business card of author
More Actions button
Topic 3: Create New Place
Who can create a new Place
Exercise: Create new Standard Place for Teams Place
Topic 4: Place and Item Security
Add Members to use your Place
Using Groups from the Domino Directory
Grant Access to Everyone
Exercise: Add a Member to your Place
Exercise: Determine your Role
Change the Role of one or more users
Send an email to Members
Users from outside your company
Topic 5: Page, Imported File, and Link Items
Topic 6: List Item
Place Home Page
Exercise: Modify Home Page
Imported File Item
Link Page Item
Exercise: Create a Link Page Item
Link Page Items for a conditional Table of Contents
Step 1: Create a List Item container
Step 2: Create a default List Item in the container
Customize the List Item fields
Customize the List Item view
Add a Column button
Click column heading
Move selected column left or right
More Actions button column
Default column sort
Exercise: Customize a List Item and view
Import List Items from a file
Export List Items to a file
Topic 7: Item Lifecycle
Save as private draft
Check Out/Check In
Topic 8: Quickr Connectors
Download and install Quickr Connectors
Add a Place using Places Monitor
Places Monitor menu commands
Quickr Places in Windows Explorer
Quickr Items in Windows Explorer
Microsoft Office connector
Lotus Symphony connector
Round trip editing of an Item
Microsoft Outlook connector
Lotus Notes connector
Lotus Sametime connector
Topic 9: Folders
Create new Folder (Simple List design)
More Actions button in a Folder
Simple List Folder properties
Tabbed Folder design
Slide Show Folder design
Set Folder Access
Folder and Item security interaction
Topic 10: Forums
Topic and Reply Items
Exercise: Create new Forum
Topic and Reply features
Topic 11: Calendar
Exercise: Create Event Item and test security
Calendar overlay via iCalendar
Topic 12: Tasks
Mark a Task Item complete
Task Folder All Tasks view
Exercise: Create, assign, and complete a Task Item
Topic 13: Rooms
Reasons to create a Room
Create a Room
Move Items and Folders to/from the Room
Exercise: Create new Room
Exercise: Allow access to Room
Topic 14: Customize\Basics
Delete a Place
Customize or delete a Room
Topic 15: Subscriptions and Notifications
Subscribe to a Feed
Exercise: Configure daily Newsletter
Workarounds to send Newsletters to Groups
Task assignment and completion notification
Send email messages to a Place
Topic 16: Custom Forms and Workflow
Overview of how to create a custom form
Features automatically included in every custom form
Exercise: Create custom form
Place content in a specific Folder
Exercise: Place Custom Item in Folder
No special workflow (Standard Workflow)
Exercise: Editor-In-Chief Workflow
Show/Hide and Reorder Forms
Custom Forms and Quickr Connectors
Topic 17: Blog PlaceType
Exercise: Create new Blog Place
Exercise: Add a Blog Entry Item and comment
Other Item and Folder types
Create a new Post in a Discussion Folder
Respond to Discussion Post
Discussion Folder layout options
Show Folder Navigator
Show Calendar and other Customize options
Topic 18: Wiki PlaceType
Exercise: Create new Wiki Place
Create new Wiki Page Item
Other Item and Folder types