In this course, students will learn about the different generations that are currently in the workplace and examine the differences in their world views. Students will gain an understanding of how Generation Y employees perceive their work environment, the reasons behind these perceptions, and effective ways to interact, work with, and motivate Generation Y employees.
Management or other business professionals
1. Managing Generation Y
- Who Are the Generations Currently at Work Today?
- Why is Knowledge of the Various Generations Important to Us?
- What Are Our Similar Values?
- What Are Generation Y’s Stated Values?
- How the Dissimilarities Manifest Themselves at Work
- Relationships with Organization
- Relationships with Authority
- Relationships with Information
- Work Styles/Work Ethic
- Learning Preferences/Technology
- What Has Shaped Generation Y?
- Trophy Children
- High Expectations
- Generational Isolation
- Disrupted Families/Communities
- During the Life Cycle of an Employee
- Setting Goals
- Managing and Motivating