Managing others can be difficult. But remotely managing teams of employees can seem almost impossible. This course addresses the special considerations of managing geographically dispersed teams, including establishing expectations for completing work and meeting deadlines, maintaining regular contact, legal and safety issues for employees working out of the office, and tips for long-distance coaching and motivation.
Managers or supervisors
1. Today’s Reality
2. Organizing your Team
- Reality of remote supervision
- Benefits and challenges of remote supervision
- Why is it difficult to manage remote teams?
- Special issues for telecommuters
3. Virtual Management
- Where are you now?
- Getting off on the right foot
4. The Digital Workplace
- Developing and maintaining trust
- Dealing with perceived loss of control
- Proactive coaching
- Results-oriented management
- Long-distance team building
- Long-distance celebrations
- Making the most of conference calls
- Web meetings and e-mail
- Using “teamware” to boos productivity