Using Object Technology in any size project brings organization and formalization to the process of
designing and building the project. Implementing OO technology in the early stages of the design
process increases flexibility, reusability, and understanding across all of the teams and plans for the life
of the project. This course gives managers that are considering the use of this model for their next
project the why, what, and how - the benefits to their project, the terminology, and other considerations
in using this model.
Managers wanting to know more about Object Technology.
Previous experience with structured technology is helpful.
1. WHY Object Technology?
2. WHAT is Object Technology?
- Nature of Industrial-Strength Software
- The Two Cultures of Software Development
- Goals of OT
- Hardware Development Analogy
- Why and When to Use Object Technology
- ROI for Reuse
- The Learning Curve
3. How does Object Technology Work (or not work)?
- Key Features: Abstractions
- Basic Vocabulary: Object vs. Class
- Object Model Features
- Design Patterns
- UML Overview
- Use Cases
- Identifying Actors
- The Macro Process
- Object SDLC
- Risk Management