Oracle Training Overview|
The objective of this course is to consider the advanced features for managing an Oracle Designer repository. Among the specific topics covered are building and maintaining configurations as part of advanced version control, including external file references within the repository structure, using the Dependency Manager to handle application interrelationships, and using the RON utilities to perform specific administration tasks.
Oracle Training Prerequisites
Oracle Training Audience
- The course Oracle9iDS Designer Repository Administration
The target audience for this course is administrators of the Oracle Designer repository or database administrators who wish to understand the tasks involved in supporting the Oracle Designer environment.
Suggested Next Courses
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
Using Specification Files
- The course Oracle 9i Architecture for Developers
- The course Oracle 9iDS Designer Database Generation
- What Are Specification Rules?
- What Is A Specification File?
- Defining Workarea Specifications
- How Can Specifications Be Maintained?
- A Workarea Scenario
- Workarea Wizard: Rules Specification
- Edit Specification: Rules, Buttons, Dates, Configurations
- Build Rule Declarations
- Building A Valid Rule Declaration
- Syntax Explanation
- Rule Name List
Repository File System Integration
- What Is A Configuration?
- Configuration Example
- More About Configurations
- Versioned Configuration Example
- Working With Configurations
- RON, Open Navigator Window Example
- RON Navigator Window, Configurations Node Example
- View Access Rights For Configuration Example
- Configuration Wizard: Welcome, Options, Members
- Select Object Version Window
- Configuration Wizard: Members, External References, Save, Summary
- Modifying An Existing Configuration
Using The Dependency Manager
Using The Ron Utilities
- Uploading Files Or Directories
- Downloading Files Or Directories
- Creating & Editing Repository Files
Resequence, Extended Copy
- Listing External References
- What Are External References?
- About Shortcuts
- Why List External References?
- Obtaining The List
- List External References: Window, Information, Window Display Options
Command Line Tool Administration
- What Is Extended Copy?
- Reference Details Window
- Extended Copy Wizard, New Name Window
- Why Force Delete Is Needed?
- Force Delete Wizard
- About The File Formats
- About The XT Tables
- About the Command Line Tool
- Understanding Command Language Syntax
- Commonly Used Commands
- Using the Various Tool Modes