Managing people can be one of the hardest jobs in the world. Trying to meet the needs of a group of people and make them feel comfortable and at ease, all while maintaining a productive environment may seem impossible. But itís not! Taking retention seriously can, in the end, be the best management tactic that you have ever tackled. This program will offer you methods and procedures that will attract and keep the best employees and also allow you to measure and communicate the benefits and costs of a retention strategy for your organization.
HR and Training Professionals
1. Why is turnover a serious problem?
2. Diagnose causes of turnover
- What does retention mean?
- A serious problem
- Turnover myths
- Dare to ask
3. Finding the right people the first time
- Building insight
- Questionnaires and surveys
- Interviews and focus groups
4. Creating a constructive culture
- Establishing a hiring process
- Step 1: Identify competencies associated with the position
- Step 2: Gather important information
- Step 3: Match skills with job competencies
- Step 4: Start off on the right foot
5. Lead to empower employees
- An environmental needs pyramid
- Establish a positive environment
- Promote diversity
6. Performance management strategies
- Defining managers and leaders
- Leadership qualities that build empowerment
- Sharing information
4. Are my retention solutions working?
- Isnít pay enough?
- Helping employees write SMART performance goals
- Reviews, feedback and honesty
- The rules of rewards
- Celebrate your employees
- Forecasting return on investment (ROI) for retention solutions
- An ROI process model
- Communicating retention results
- Maintaining a low turnover rate
- Retention: Attracting and Keeping Your Best