Android Training Overview: |
This course explores the Android mobile operating system from the perspective of user, application, and server security; and shows experienced Android developers how to apply best practices to secure their applications.
Android Training Prerequisites:
Android Training Objectives:
- Java programming experience is required; Course, "Java Programming," is excellent preparation.
- Introductory knowledge of Android programming is required: Course, "Introduction to Android Development," or similar
- We recommend intermediate Android programming in advance of this course -- Course , "Intermediate Android Development" would be ideal -- but this is not required.
Android Training Course duration:
- Understand the security characteristics of mobile computing, and the Android OS in particular.
- Manage application data in a secure fashion.
- Apply appropriate safeguards over entry points to applications, including intent filters, bound services, and broadcast receivers.
- Use cryptography as appropriate, especially in remote communications.
- Manage user credentials, including passwords and issued tokens.
Android Training Course Topics:
Chapter 1. Mobile OS Security
Chapter 2. Application Security
- Vulnerabilities of Mobile Systems
- Security Overview of Android
- For Comparison: iOS
- Analysis and Areas of Concern
- Digital Signature of Applications
- Rooted Devices
- Best Practices
- The OWASP Mobile Top 10
Chapter 3. Remote Connectivity
- Custom Permissions
- Security Configuration
- Storage Models
- Internal Storage
- USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, and External Media
- File System Security
- Encrypted File Systems
- Injection Vulnerabilities
- Inter-Process Communication
- Guarding IPC Entrances
- Services and Broadcast Receivers
Appendix A. Learning Resources
- Remote Connections from Mobile Devices
- The INTERNET Permission
- HTTP and HTTPS Communication
- Keystores and Cryptography
- Username/Password Login
- Managing Credentials
- Managing Token Pairs
Hardware Requirements (Minimum) : Core i5, 1.5 GHz, 4 gig RAM, 1 gig disk space.
Hardware Requirements (Recommended) : Core i5, 2.5 GHz GHz, 8 gig RAM, 1 gig disk space.
Operating System :Tested on Windows 7. Course software should be viable on all systems which support a Java 6 Developer's Kit.
Network and Security :Limited privileges required -- please see our standard security requirements.
Software Requirements :All free downloadable tools.