It is not unusual to hear people in companies say, We have a communication problem here. This one-day program will provide methods and information to analyze and improve your own communication and help you help others. We communicate in many ways: with our words, tone, eyes, and bodies to name a few. Understand the hidden meanings behind the various communication methods and devise strategies to communicate more effectively and avoid unnecessary conflict.
Management and HR Professionals.
1. Introduction to the communication model
2. Increasing the effectiveness of each interaction
- What is communication?
- Three steps of communication
- Step 1: Prepare yourself and the other person
- Step 2: Send your message
- Step 3: Check for understanding
3. Communicating in difficult situations
- Building rapport
- Expressive and receptive body language
- Eight guidelines for expressing positive feedback
- Be direct without being rude
- Positive phrasing
- Telling a story
- Communicating in conflict
- I messages and positive intent
- De-escalate emotions
- Dealing with extreme anger
- Uncovering hidden agendas
- Giving negative feedback
- Receiving negative feedback