AIX Training Overview|
For Developers and software engineers who need to learn how to write AIX device drivers.
AIX Training Audience
Developers and software engineers who need to learn how to write AIX device drivers.
AIX Training Prerequisites
Extensive experience in C and UNIX programming; Attending an AIX Internals course is beneficial.
AIX Training Course duration
AIX Training Topics
- Describe the execution environments in AIX.
- Describe the purpose and use of kernel extensions.
- PowerPC memory model
- Interface to devices on PCI, ISA, and/or MicroChannel buses
- Understand the selection and use of AIX Kernel Services
- Develop a prototype AIX 4.3 device driver.
- Describe and be able to use the debug tools available to systems programmers.
- Set up your driver for automatic configuration.