Our PM training is unlike any other. While fully PMBOK® compliant, our courses do not dwell on theory. Instead, the extent to which practical and effective project management best practices are used that makes the difference between project success and failure. Lecture time provides the context for use of these best practices and a description of core tools and techniques. But all courses also include numerous hands-on exercises that instill these best practices into the minds of participants. By the time students return to the workplace, they have already used the tools and techniques presented in class and are much more likely to adopt them in real world projects.
Unique attributes of our training include:
- Focus on Best Practices. Our courses draw from a pool of over 200 best practices as defined in our organizational assessment tool, OPAP3® (Organizational Practice Assessment – Project, Program and Portfolio). These best practices describe highly effective actions that executive management, project sponsors, project managers, project teams, customers and supporting organizations can take to make project success the norm.
- Focus on People. People are the root of all project success. It is when project manager, team, sponsor and stakeholders come together in a collaborative effort that we attain real success. We show students how to identify, analyze and manage stakeholders and their expectations. We also provide techniques that help stakeholders to understand what they can do to enhance success in their own projects. There is an emphasis on the importance of soft skills.
- Focus on Business Value. The underlying purpose of every project is to create some form of value for those who requested it. This Business Value is what makes the project a good investment and it can serve as an invaluable guide for the planning and execution of the project. We build a focus on delivery of Business Value into every segment of our courses.
- Focus on Transition. Business Value can only happen if delivery to the customer is successful and conditions are right for effective use of project deliverables. Our courses include tools and techniques that enhance the Transition from project to ongoing operations. Students are shown the roadblocks to effective Transition and how to overcome them.
- Focus on Management. We have a full line of courses specifically designed to provide managers with the information they need to support effective project management practice and to create an environment that promotes project success.
Our courses are unique. They provide participants with field-tested practices, tools and techniques that define the project, build stakeholder support, create boundaries around scope, produce better project plans, enhance project control, promote customer involvement and ensure an effective delivery. All participants, from beginners to PMP®s, leave better equipped to successfully manage their projects.