After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Briefly review relational database fundamentals with an awareness of the differences between SQL99 and SQL implementations by database vendors.
- Connect to a database using JDBC and perform a simple query.
- Update relational data using JDBC to execute updates, inserts and deletes.
- Use prepared statements to produce reusable database queries and optimize execution time.
- Use callable statements to access database procedures.
- Use scrollable and updatable results sets for more robust solutions.
- Use commit, rollback, and savepoint to build transactional systems.
- Use batch processing for efficient handling of large datasets.
- Understand the use of RowSets and the improved techniques and portability that they bring to JDBC.