Oracle Training Overview|
The objective of this course is to consider the advanced features for managing an Oracle Designer repository. Among the specific topics covered are building and maintaining configurations as part of advanced version control, including external file references within the repository structure, using the Dependency Manager to handle application interrelationships, and using the RON utilities to perform specific administration tasks.
Oracle Training Prerequisites
Oracle Training Audience
- Oracle 10g Designer Repository Administration
The target audience for this course is administrators of the Oracle Designer repository or database administrators who wish to understand the tasks involved in supporting the Oracle Designer environment.
Suggested Next Courses
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
- Oracle Database 10g: Architecture for Developers
- Oracle 10g Designer Database Generation
- USING SPECIFICATION FILES
- What Are Specification Rules?
- What Is A Specification File?
- Defining Workarea Specifications
- How Can Specifications Be Maintained?
- A Workarea Scenario
- Workarea Wizard: Rules Specification
- Edit Specification: Rules, Buttons, Dates, Configurations
- Build Rule Declarations
- Building A Valid Rule Declaration
- Syntax Explanation
- Rule Name List
- USING CONFIGURATIONS
- What Is A Configuration?
- Configuration Example
- More About Configurations
- Versioned Configuration Example
- Working With Configurations
- RON, Open Navigator Window Example
- RON Navigator Window, Configurations Node Example
- View Access Rights For Configuration Example
- Configuration Wizard: Welcome, Options, Members
- Select Object Version Window
- Configuration Wizard: Members, External References, Save, Summary
- Modifying An Existing Configuration
- REPOSITORY FILE SYSTEM INTEGRATION
- Uploading Files Or Directories
- Downloading Files Or Directories
- Creating & Editing Repository Files
- USING THE DEPENDENCY MANAGER
- USING THE RON UTILITIES
- Listing External References
- What Are External References?
- About Shortcuts
- Why List External References?
- Obtaining The List
- List External References: Window, Information, Window Display Options
- Resequence, Extended Copy
- What Is Extended Copy?
- Reference Details Window
- Extended Copy Wizard, New Name Window
- Why Force Delete Is Needed?
- Force Delete Wizard
- Using Export & Import
- About The File Formats
- About The XT Tables
- Performing An Export
- Performing An Import
- COMMAND LINE TOOL ADMINISTRATION
- About the Command Line Tool
- Understanding Command Language Syntax
- Commonly Used Commands
- Using the Various Tool Modes