Oracle Training Overview|
This Oracle 11g courseware training guide book will equip students to develop database server-side PL/SQL program units within an Oracle database.
Oracle Training Course Objectives
Oracle Training Audience
Major subject areas to be explored and secondary objectives are:
- Understanding application partitioning within a client/server or multi-tiered web-based systems architecture.
- Understanding the basic form and structure of program units stored within the database.
- Building and maintaining database-resident program units.
- Encapsulating program units within packages and taking advantage of accompanying advanced programming techniques such as cursor variables and cursor expressions.
- Handling intricate theoretical challenges, such as mutating tables.
- Building and maintaining DML-event and system-event database triggers, including advanced techniques using both simple triggers and compound triggers.
- Discuss the storage and execution model for database programs and how one can write efficient programs to maximize performance.
- Using system-supplied packages to extend the power of your SQL statements and PL/SQL applications.
Target audience for this course is all Oracle professionals. Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are: • Application designers and developers • Database administrators
The following courses are mandatory prerequisites for this course: • ORACLE DATABASE 11G: SQL FUNDAMENTALS – COMPLETE LIBRARY • ORACLE DATABASE 11G: PL/SQL FUNDAMENTALS I
This course considers subjects useful for certification as an Oracle Certified Master (OCM), the most advanced and prestigious Oracle database certification level.
Suggested Next Course
Beyond the scope of this course there are crucial performance tuning and advanced programming structures which are very important to understand and use. These are considered within the follow-up course entitled ORACLE DATABASE 11G: ADVANCED PL/SQL PROGRAMMING & TUNING. After some weeks or months of PL/SQL programming experience, it is strongly recommended that this additional course be considered. Various references are made to this course throughout this book so that one can see key areas where further detail is useful. .
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
INTRODUCING DATABASE PROGRAM UNITS
CREATING STORED PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
- ABOUT DATABASE PROGRAM UNITS
- TYPES OF PL/SQL PROGRAM UNITS
- TYPES OF STORED PROGRAM UNITS
- ADVANTAGES OF USING STORED PROGRAM UNITS
MAINTAINING STORED PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
- ABOUT STORED PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
- CREATING PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
- EXECUTING PROCEDURES & FUNCTIONS
CREATING & MAINTAINING PACKAGES
- RECOMPILING & DROPPING PROGRAMS
- DATA DICTIONARY STORAGE
- MANAGING DEPENDENCIES
ADVANCED CURSOR TECHNIQUES
- ABOUT PACKAGES
- CREATING PACKAGES
- ADVANCED PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES
- MAINTAINING PACKAGES
USING SYSTEM-SUPPLIED PACKAGES CREATING DATABASE TRIGGERS
- USING CURSOR VARIABLES
- USING CURSOR EXPRESSIONS
MAINTAINING DATABASE TRIGGERS
- ABOUT DATABASE TRIGGERS
- STATEMENT-LEVEL TRIGGERS
- ROW-LEVEL TRIGGERS
- EXAMPLES OF TRIGGERS
- INSTEAD OF TRIGGERS
- EMPLOYING TRIGGERS WITHIN AN APPLICATION
IMPLEMENTING SYSTEM EVENT TRIGGERS
- CALL SYNTAX
- TRIGGER MAINTENANCE TASKS
- SHOW ERRORS TRIGGER
- DROP TRIGGER
- ALTER TRIGGER
- HANDLING MULTIPLE TRIGGERS FOR A TABLE
- HANDLING MUTATING TABLE ISSUES
- WHAT ARE SYSTEM EVENT TRIGGERS?
- DEFINING THE SCOPE
- AVAILABLE SYSTEM EVENTS
- SYSTEM EVENT ATTRIBUTES