The concepts of DB2 are briefly presented and discussed.
The Structured Query Language (SQL) is presented as the means to access DB2 data.
Several guided, hands-on, practice sessions give each attendee an opportunity to use QMF to build "custom:" reports from DB2 data using the extensive powers of the QMF FORMs panels.
Use several other QMF facilities such as Help, Retrieve/"?", Save/Display, Export/Import, Prompted and SQL Query modes, PROCs.
As a result of this class, the attendee will be able to -
- Explain DB2 concepts, terminology and components
- SELECT rows of data from DB2 tables using the WHERE clause to retrieve specific rows
- Format QMF Reports by modifying the QMF FORM
- Use several QMF Commands
- LIST, RUN, SAVE/DISPLAY, EXPORT/IMPORT, SHOW
- Build Queries with the PROMPTED MODE
- JOIN tables together to get information from each
- Use the SQL SubSelect feature of SQL
- Build QMF Reports "beyond the basics" using FORM.MAIN, FORM.PAGE, FORM.COLUMNS,
FORM.FINAL, FORM.BREAK1-6, and the (form) LAYOUT command
- Build QMF Reports using "additional FORM features" such as FORM.OPTIONS, FORM.DETAIL,
- Build QMF PROCedures to Run a series of QMF commands allowing for user input of Data and SQL
- Use the QMF TABLE EDIT facility to SEARCH through a table and to make CHANGES to a table
- Build SQL SELECT, INSERT and UPDATE statements using the QMF DRAW command
End-Users and Information Technology personnel who need use the Query Management Facility (QMF) to build reports from DB2 data.
- At least six months of TSO/ISPF experience is recommended.
- No previous database experience is needed.
- DB2 Concepts and Terminology
- The SELECT Statement
- QMF Basics
- QMF PROMPTED Query - Introduction
- Join and SubSelect
- QMF PROMOTED Join 1
- QMF PROMOTED Join 2
- QMF Report Formatting 1
- QMF Report Formatting 2
- QMF Forms Show
- QMF Export Import
- QMF Form Detail
DAY 3 |
- QMF PROCs - Multiple QMF Commands
- QMF PROCs - VARIABLES as Data and as SQL components
- QMF TABLE EDITOR SEARCH
- QMF TABLE EDITOR CHANGE
- QMF DRAW
- Sample Tables
- QMF EDIT and USAGE Codes
- QMF Commands
- REXX LOGIC in QMF Procs
- QMF Overview
- QMF PROC with variables for SQL