AutoCAD Training Overview
The AutoCAD® Mechanical 2013 Essentials training guide teaches students about the indispensable core topics required to use the AutoCAD® Mechanical software. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to accelerate the mechanical design process. With specific tools for creating and manipulating geometry, automatically acquiring bills of materials, generating mechanical components, and performing design calculations, the AutoCAD Mechanical software offers significant productivity gains that the student learns to maximize.
AutoCAD Training Topics
- Identify the main interface elements, their setup, and what Help information is available and to create and use drawing template files.
- Describe the object property management system, where layers are configured, and the tools for manipulating layers.
- Organizing drawing geometry and create Mechanical structure in a drawing
- Describe the core mechanical design tools of rectangle, hatch, fillet, chamfer, holes, slots, and threads
- Modify and edit drawing objects by creating multiple offset copies, scale them, or usea power command
- Insert industry standard parts into your assembly designs.
- Create production-ready drawings in model space and layouts of structured and non-structured geometry and insert title blocks and borders.
- Notate a drawing through the creation and editing of dimensions, hole charts, fits lists, and mechanical symbols.
- Explain how to create and edit a bill of materials, parts list, and balloons.
- Describe the tools used for verifying the standard parts or custom parts within your design
- Exchange data between CAD systems in the form of Mechanical DWG and IGES files and create Mechanical drawings using Model Documentation.
- Create a custom drafting standard and drawing template with layers, object properties, symbols, text, BOM, parts list, balloons, and other annotation tools.
A basic understanding of mechanical drafting or design and a working knowledge of the AutoCAD software.
AutoCAD Training Course Duration
AutoCAD Training Course outline
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Object Property and Layer Management
Chapter 3: Organizing Drawing Geometry
Chapter 4: Tools for Creating Key Geometry
Chapter 5: Tools for Manipulating Geometry
Chapter 6: Mechanical Part Generators
Chapter 7: Creating Drawing Sheets
Chapter 8: Dimensioning and Annotating Drawings
Chapter 9: Bill of Materials, Parts Lists, and Balloons
Chapter 10: Design Calculations
Chapter 11: Leveraging Your Existing Data
Chapter 12: Mechanical Options for the CAD Manager