PowerBuilder Training Overview|
This course introduces students to advanced techniques used to develop fully functional, well performing business applications using PowerBuilder 11. Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
A series of written and lab exercises will be used to reinforce the classroom education.
- Create standard reports, including TreeViews, graphs, crosstabs, and multi-group reports.
- Create RichText, nested, and composite style reports.
- Manipulate the properties and behavior of the DataWindow control.
- Access and modify the properties of the DataWindow object.
- Describe the internal organization of the DataWindow buffers.
- Analyze issues involved in managing transactions and concurrency.
- Use DataWindow techniques to access, update, and validate data from the database.
- Create a DataWindow dynamically.
- Create and use DataStores.
- Use DataWindows to generate XML and PDF files.
- Create and use standard, custom, and external user objects.
- Implement advanced elements of the graphical user interface, such as MonthCalendar, Animation, ListView, TreeView, and Tab controls.
- Use drag and drop for direct manipulation within the application.
- Use external functions in PowerBuilder applications.
- Use a variety of techniques to test, debug, and analyze PowerBuilder applications.
PowerBuilder Training Audience
Application programmers responsible for the design and implementation of client/server applications using PowerBuilder 11.
Powerbuilder Training Prerequisites
This course teaches sophisticated concepts at an accelerated pace. Students new to PowerBuilder are encouraged to complete the prerequisite course before taking this course.
- Basic PowerBuilder 11 Programming, or an equivalent class.
- Four to six weeks experience developing Powerbuilder applications
PowerBuilder Training Course duration
PowerBuilder Training Course Outline
Advanced DataWindow Presentation Styles|
Group Presentation Style·
TreeView Presentation Style
Crosstab Presentation Style
N-Up Presentation Style
Newspaper Column Reports
Graph Presentation Style
Rich Text Presentation Style
Generating PDF and PSR Files
Understanding DataWindow Behavior|
Data Validation Process
Data Validation Techniques
Required DataWindow Columns
DataWindow Buffer Processing
Managing Row/Column Status
Dynamic DataWindow Behavior |
Conditional Property Expressions
Accessing DataWindow Object Properties
Dynamically Changing a WHERE Clause
Dynamic DataWindow Creation
Advanced DataWindow Techniques|
Using an External Data Source
Using a Stored Procedure Data Source
Creating and Using DataStores
Sharing a Result Set
Standard Visual User Objects
Custom Visual User Objects
Standard Class User Objects
Custom Class User Objects
Exception Handling in PowerBuilder|
Objects for Exception Handling
Creating User-Defined Exception Types
Throwing Exceptions From Functions
Advanced GUI Controls|
PictureListBox and DropDownPictureListBox Controls
MonthCalendar and DatePicker Controls
Using Drag and Drop in Applications|
What Is Drag and Drop?
Draggable Object Properties
Automatic Drag vs. Manual Drag
Drag and Drop Guidelines
Supplemental Topics (as time permits)|
Additional Scripting Topics
Using Data Pipelines