Examine Generation X; who are they, what makes them that way, and the challenges and benefits they have brought to the forefront of today's workplace. Learn proven strategies on how to get along with others at work who have a different view of and approach to work-life. Techniques on managing and motivating Generation X-ers are included.
Leadership and Management Professionals
1. Four generations at work
2. Who is Generation X?
- The changing face of the workplace
- Rules of the work world
- Four generations
- Who do you know?
3. Working together
- Generation X, up close
- What created the Gen X mold?
- The results; What are the stereotypes
- Fact or Fiction
4. Managing and motivating Generation X
- Respectful communication
- Sticky situations
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Managing Gen X-ers
- Lighting a fire under Gen X employees
- The Gen X managers
- Reasons to appreciate Gen X-ers in the workplace
- Similarities and differences
- Creating an action plan