This course is designed for Lotus Notes 6.5 and 7 users who want to learn the most important and useful features of Lotus Notes 8.5 Standard configuration.
This course takes you on ten quick tours of the new features of Notes itself and of all the important changes to the Mail, Calendar, and Contacts applications. We will give you a tour of the new Sidebar and Lotus Symphony applications.
Lotus Training Course goals
In this course, you will learn how to:
This course will teach you how to:
Lotus Training Audience
- Tour 1: Home Page. Although Lotus Notes 8.5 has a new look and feel, most of what you already know about it is the same as in previous versions. Our job here is to show all the new things that you will encounter when you first start using Notes.
- Tour 2: New Menu Choices. Although Lotus Notes 8.5 has a new look and feel, the menu is mostly the same. We’ll show a few of the new menu choices that you will want to know about now.
- Tour 3: New Message. Mail has been improved with a number of new features that make it easier to create and address messages.
- Tour 4: Mail Inbox. The Inbox (and all the other folders and views in Mail) has been redesigned to make you more efficient in how you read and respond to messages.
- Tour 5: Other Mail Changes. Notes now has a message recall feature, which attempts to recall a message that you accidentally sent prematurely or that you have second thoughts about having sent. The user interface for enabling out-of-office has been improved, and the reply can now be configured to instantaneous. And when you return, out-of-office notification is automatically disabled.
- Tour 6: New Calendar Entry. The Calendar Entry form has been reworked, making it cleaner and easier to use.
- Tour 7: Calendar Views. The Calendar views have been given a new look, and you should find it easier and quicker to create and manage your Calendar Entries.
- Tour 8: Contacts. The Contacts application is the new name for the previous Address Book. It still serves the same purpose, only with a new look and a few new features.
- Tour 9: Sidebar Applications. Notes comes with several Sidebar Applications, and more can be added. We’ll take a closer look at four Sidebar Applications: Sametime Contacts, Day-At-A-Glance, RSS Feeds, and My Widgets.
- Tour 10: Symphony Applications. Notes comes with three productivity tools that take the place of the three main applications in popular office suites. Although they look a little different than other office suite applications, it won’t take you much time to learn how to use them.
This course is designed for proficient Notes 6.5 and 7 users.
If you are new to Notes 8.5 or think your Notes skills may be rusty, we recommend our full Lotus Notes 8.5 User Essentials course, which assumes you know nothing about Notes and want to build your skills from the ground up.