Lotus iNotes runs in a browser and includes several applications including Mail, Calendar, To Do, Contacts, Notebook, and Sametime instant messaging. During this course you will use all the applications, such as to send and reply to email using Mail. Because Sametime instant messaging is integrated with iNotes, you will also know when people are online so you can send instant messages in real time.
Calendar keeps track of your appointments and helps you schedule meetings that accommodate your co-workers’ schedules and coordinate the reservation of rooms and other resources so that everything is in place when the meeting starts.
You can record and track your To Do items, viewing them in a list or Gantt chart so you can more easily visualize your deadlines and progress over time.
Use Contacts to help manage your relationships, as well as to assist in email addressing.
Notebook provides a place to save information in a searchable collection of documents.
This course also shows you how to continue to use iNotes even while you are disconnected from the server and then synchronize changes when reconnected.
Lotus Training Learning Objectives
In this course, you will learn how to:
Lotus Training Audience
This course assumes basic personal computer and software skills, and is designed for individuals who can:
- send and receive email using iNotes
- know when other people are online and communicate with instant messages
- organize mail into folders
- use the Calendar to schedule appointments and meetings and check for free time in other’s schedules
- define personal and group To Do items
- create Contacts and Groups for easy email addressing
- create Notebook Pages to store text and attachments
- work in iNotes while disconnected from the Internet
- manually archive your obsolete messages to free up space
- access iNotes using Lite Mode and an RSS Feed Reader.
Lotus Training Course duration
- start and stop software applications in Microsoft® Windows™
- use Microsoft Windows Explorer to find and organize files
- use Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla Firefox to open and navigate Web sites
- use any other type of email
- create, format, and print documents using a graphical word processing software package.
This course is sold as a 1-day course, but instead should be thought of as a set of materials from which you can create a custom course that both meets the training objectives and your allotted time frame. Most users do not need the full course to begin using iNotes. They can always come back later to learn the more advanced topics.