The Oracle PL/SQL language provides for programming logic features not contained within SQL. The grammar, syntax and benefits of using the PL/SQL language within an Oracle database environment are considered.
The primary objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the PL/SQL database programming language. Major subject areas to be explored are:
- Declaring variables and complex datatypes.
- Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetching data from the database into program variables.
- Returning program output to users.
- Handling program exceptions.
- Using explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.