Oracle Training Overview|
This textbook will assist you in learning and using one of the most exciting software environments
available today, namely the Oracle BI Enterprise Edition data analytics suite and the Oracle Fusion
Middleware WebLogic Server.
Oracle Training Objectives
Within this textbook you will learn::
Oracle Training Audience
The target audience for this mini-textbook includes the following:
- About the architecture and internal components of the Oracle Business Intelligence (BI)
Enterprise Edition (EE) data analytics suite (OBIEE).
- Important concepts regarding the Oracle WebLogic Server application server middleware
platform, the platform to which the Oracle BI suite is deployed.
- This textbook will guide you through the process of creating an installation of Oracle BI and
the WebLogic Server on either a Linux/Unix or an MS Windows host system. Using this
workshop setup, you will be able to complete the exercises presented in the other textbooks
from the Oracle Fusion Middleware curriculum. And of course, having a working
Enterprise Edition of the Oracle BI suite will also allow you to begin real-world production
work for your organization.
- You will receive an introduction to administration of the Oracle WebLogic Server, the Oracle
BI Server and Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- How to manage analytic content created by users and stored within the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog. Topics include managing permissions, private folders, shared folders,
and archiving objects for use in other BI installations.
- How to access and use administration tools to perform basic BI management tasks. Such
tools include the Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console, the Oracle Enterprise
Manager with the Fusion Middleware Control, the Oracle BI Administration tool and the
Oracle BI Catalog Manager. You will learn how to add new BI users as well as manage their
Oracle Training Prerequisites
- Any business intelligence professional seeking an introduction to the installation and configuration
of the Oracle WebLogic Server and the Oracle BI server platforms.
- Any self-study student using one of the textbooks from the Oracle Fusion Middleware
- An instructor presenting one of the textbooks from the Oracle Fusion Middleware curriculum
and who is responsible for setting up the workshop environment for the students.
Suggested Next Courses
- One must have a strong working knowledge of the operating system platform that will be used for
the software installations discussed in this textbook.
- Applicable operating systems include recent releases of Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows.
Oracle BI 11g: Create Analyses & Dashboards
Oracle Training Course duration
Oracle Training Course outline
THE ORACLE BI ARCHITECTURE
INSTALLATION & CONFIGURATION
- ABOUT ORACLE BI DATA ANALYTICS
- THE BI SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE
- BI ANALYTICS METADATA REPOSITORY
- BI ADMINISTRATION TOOLS
- THE ORACLE MACHINES
AN INTRODUCTION TO ORACLE BI ADMINISTRATION
- PLANNING A NEW INSTALLATION
- SETUP ORACLE DATABASE EE
- SETUP REPOSITORY CREATION UTILITY
- SETUP ORACLE BI SERVER
- STARTING & STOPPING BI SERVICES
- ADDING & DROPPING USER ACCOUNTS
- PRESENTATION SERVER ADMINISTRATION
- MANAGE THE PRESENTATION CATALOG
- MANAGE THE RPD FILE